Friday, November 20, 2015

Rainstorms

We won the battle but the trophy is theirs
Walks of the loss dig into my brain
Clenched fists around my wrists

The way your jaw line connects the thoughts and feelings makes me want to faint
I watch lips moving in slow motion
Hearing nothing but the rhythm of your heart 
Seeing nothing but the display of a motionless mind
Your presentation an automatic A

Overlapping words with intentions of pulling on emotions

And it works

But how can I be tied to you when we're not together


I feel your depression love 
Sadness runs through my veins 
Stomach drops just thinking how you feel worse

My body feels dead 
Heart beat flat lined because yours is
My body is dead.

You jumped off a cliff and I came 
Attached by a rope I didn't know I grabbed onto

Boys are supposed to have back bones but I took yours
Girls are suppose to have a comfort button but I can't find the words

I'm free falling.
I'm free falling.
I'm free falling.

We're under the same rainstorm love
So please, let me give you my umbrella

1 comment: